Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Lost Acorn

 
Get ready for a rather unusual blog! I live in Houston, Texas and one creature we are not by any means short of is grey squirrels. They thrive in our trees eating there way into our roofs and though our electric air conditioning wires. However, these pesky little critters despite all my practical human complaints are incredibly cute and impressively loyal when it comes to family.

Today when I arrived home I found my dog in rather a state of duress. Incredibly excited and distracted by something the other-side of the laundry machines. I became slightly nervous as I climbed on top of them to see what had her so enthralled. There, trembling behind the dryer was a minut baby squirrel, with incredibly short fur, an almost bald tail and a respiratory system that was going at such a rate I thought it might explode. Locking my dog in another room I set up my Go Pro and decided I would wait and see if the little guy would walk out on his own or if he was in need of a rescue. Little did I know at the time but although he was in desperate need of rescue, I would not be the one running the rescue mission. Check out my video to see what happened...



 

1 comment: