Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Buddhas of Bangkok

Gold.
Eyes glimmer.
Souls glow like lightning bugs.
Drawn in.

Fascination.
Temples of lore.
Built for Buddhist meditation.
Stand tall.

Enlightenment.
Buddha poses.
Fingers and toes all the same.
Inspire all.

Joy.
Smiling faces.
Population with hearts of gold.
Welcoming arms.

Bangkok has so much to offer it can be very challenging to see it all, especially if you are on a tight schedule. While in Bangkok, I only had a very short time in the city to explore so I had to get particular and determine the 3 most important places to visit. As I am fascinated by other cultures and religions I felt it only fitting to spend my time visiting three temples that really stand out, not just historically but archaeologically, as the most important Buddhist temples in Bangkok: Wat Arun, Wat Phra Kaew, & Wat Pho.

The artistry, time, money, and detail put into these three temples is out of this world, so instead of spending all night trying to describe them to you I have decided to simply share my photographs of the statues and buildings that have embedded these temples into my mind for eternity.






















No comments:

Post a Comment