Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Aroha Aotearoa


For me there is little better than an open road compelling me towards my next adventure. A world of endless possibilities lies before you but as time is not infinite you have to constantly make choices at every possible detour either to diverge from your set course to explore or continue towards your final destination. With that finite time forever in your mind only a certain number of detours are truly possible so you constantly have that niggling feeling in the back of your mind that you might have just missed something amazing as you pass on an option to turn but you are too excited about your destination to make too many detours. This feeling, this sense of adventure and exploration tantalizingly mixed with the need to make quick decisions on the go makes embracing the open road all the more exhilarating.

I can barely begin to describe the beauty of New Zealand. It is as if mother nature herself created it as her own personal playground perfecting every inch of ground from the deepest gullies to the highest peaks. The small country is a "kaleidoscape" of exotic natural worlds which converge into an ethereal land shrouded in mystery and wonder. Hugging the open road in our little 4X4 every turn brought a vision of beauty. Rain, clouds, sunshine, or the deepest darkest night it did not matter beauty danced around you.

Driving through New Zealand, exploring both the North & South islands was an adventure unlike any other. We landed in Auckland and drove down through the North Island to Wellington where we caught a ferry to the South Island before making our way down the West Coast and crossing back up towards Christchurch. It was an absolute whirlwind and the only thing we couldn't get enough of was time.

This road trip in New Zealand proved to me that that my biggest fear in life is time. Yes, time, not heights or spiders, death or snakes, simply time. We have a finite amount of time living and breathing in this universe and it is constantly running away from us. I am not scared of dying but of not living, of wasting the precious time I have. I have three great loves in my life: my family, my friends, and my world and travelling is a great way for me to stay in touch with all of them while doing something I love.

We live in a beautiful world and New Zealand is a sparkling example of its beauty. Here are some of my favorite photos taken from the road while on the most fantastic road trip I have taken thus far. Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment