Saturday, August 16, 2014

Moist Lemon Bundt Cake (The Healthy Edition)

Having recently learned that I need to make some changes to my diet, I have been experimenting in the kitchen to find ways to create tasty alternatives to my favorite treats. (Going all natural & organic, I am not eliminating anything but have been told I need to cut back on my intake of gluten & dairy, which let me tell you is one hell of a challenge as a Brit.)

As a Brit I feel it is in my nature to love the taste of a freshly baked loaf of bread with creamy butter, decadent tea cakes, and a fresh jar of lemon curd ready to spread. Still enjoying endless cups of PG tips I was on the hunt for a gluten free, dairy free, preservative free, all natural, organic cake to enjoy along with my tea.

After several kitchen experiments, I eventually found a way to make a moist lemon bundt cake that I can happily munch on (in moderation) whenever I want.

Hope you enjoy!


Moist Lemon Bundt Cake

The Odds & Ends
2/3 cups & 1 tsp Coconut Flour
1/4 cup Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
6 Free Range Eggs
1/3 cup All Natural Honey
1 cup Almond Milk
2 large organic lemons
- Juice & Zest
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt

Get in the Mix
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F
  2. Place coconut flour & coconut oil in bowl and mix until combined
  3. Then add honey, eggs, milk & lemon (juice & zest) mixing until the batter is light and fluffy.
  4. Pour into a greased (with coconut oil) pan and bake for 35 minutes
  5. Start working on Raspberry Lemon glaze (see below)
  6. Test cake is finished by poking it with a knife, knife should come out clear.
  7. Allow finished cake to cool.


















Raspberry Lemon Glaze


The Odds & Ends
2 tbsp Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
2 tbsp  All Natural Honey
2 tbsp Almond Milk
Handful of Raspberries
1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1 large organic lemons
- Juice & Zest

Finish it Off

  1. Place all ingredients in a pot, stirring occasionally until raspberries begin to fall apart and glaze begins to simmer.
  2. Remove from heat and allow to cool  before placing it in the fridge to cool through.
  3. Once loaf has cooled to room temperature, pour glaze on top and place glazed cake in fridge for at least one hour before serving.
  4. Serve garnished with fresh fruit and a trickle of honey.





No comments:

Post a Comment